Lead can be very dangerous to your health, particularly for children. What if your local water supply has too much lead? There are methods to get rid of lead in your drinking water, making it safe again.
Signs Of Lead Poisoning
Even small amounts of lead can cause serious health problems. Lead poisoning is usually caused by lead buildup in the body for many months or even years. Children and infants can experience the following symptoms from lead poisoning:
* Developmental delays
* Learning difficulties
* A loss of appetite
* Stomach ache and constipation
* Low birth weight
* Weight loss
Lead Poisoning Symptoms For Adults Include
* High blood pressure
* Memory and concentration problems
* Muscle and joint pain
* Abdominal pain
* Mood swings
There are several ways to remove lead from your drinking water
The following items can be used to confirm that you don’t have lead in your drinking water if you suspect you may have these symptoms.
* Reverse Osmosis: This creates household water pressure and pushes water through a series of filters. It can remove as much as 99.1% lead.
* Distillation: To remove lead from water, requires lots of heat energy. It is not used very often.
* Precautions: Drinking water from the cold side of the faucet is another way to avoid lead poisoning. If the water has been stale for longer than six hours, it can be removed from the pipes by running the water for just 1-2 minutes.
To remove lead from water supplies, the first step is to test for lead in your water. This can be done by either purchasing a test kit or hiring a professional to test your water. It is also possible to find out what contaminants are in your local water supply by using municipal water testing information. Contact us today to find out more about filters.
This post was written by a water treatment expert at Paragon Water Systems. Paragon Water Systems is a water filter supplier. We know that the best product comes from the best materials. We manufacture home water solutions such as reverse osmosis systems, under sink water filtration systems, showerhead filtration systems, carbon cartridges, and a wide variety of other products. Our focus is to provide Americans with safe and clean water throughout the home.